Dropped Kerbs and Blocked Access

Thank you to everyone who took part in last week’s poll about who you’d report a car parked on a dropped kerb blocking access to. It was one of my most popular blog posts so far and the results were really interesting with a real mix of answers:

NEPP Poll results

There are actually two organisations which this type of incident could be reported to: the North Essex Parking Partnership and the Police.

If someone contacts the North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP) to say a vehicle is stopping them from accessing their driveway or property then we can issue a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle (but only if more than 50% of the vehicle is parked across the driveway) however we can’t remove the vehicle itself. If, when a CEO like myself attends, they find that the vehicle is parked appropriately and a resident can still access their property then no action will be taken.

This type of incident can also be reported to the Police (on their non-emergency number 101) as this is considered as obstruction and they can issue a Fixed Penalty Notice to the vehicle.

I hope you found this post useful and if you’re interested in finding out more or what to know about the difference between parking on a dropped kerb as opposed to a pavement, please read my post ‘Access Restricted’.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

3 thoughts on “Dropped Kerbs and Blocked Access

  1. Hoe can I attach a photo for you to see


  2. […] Dropped Kerbs and Blocked Access Who would you report this to? Access Restricted […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s